Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Beginnings

I saw someone post a Bible verse based on the date.  I made a comment about how I thought that was a good idea and he said to try it with Psalms.  So finally tonight I did.  I opened up my Bible and went to Psalms 4:....oh wait.  There is no verse 15.  So I split it. I went to vere one. 

"HEAR me when I call, O God of my righteousness!  You have relieved me in my distress;  Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer."

How fitting.  In 14 1/2 hours I will be baptized and giving the following over to God:

1.  Everything.

Tell me what doesn't fit under that category.  It means what it says. 

My past is as it states. 
My future is His.
My fears will be handed over.
My loneliness just means that I am starting to make the right decisions.
My lust.  It's gone.  I trust God has the perfect man for me.
My anger is not warranted anymore.
My need for attention is over.  I only care what God thinks of me.
My poor decision making will come to an end.
My trust issues are not issues because I trust in the Lord.
My speaking before thinking will be turned into silence until I find the right words to say.

The list goes on and on but I am not fooled to think I will be perfect at it.  It's impossible and when I slip up, I am now saying I will always run to the Lord.  I am saying I will fight harder to make it through this life so that I can spend eternity with Him.  What I am saying, is that I am not going alone.  I will take as many people as I can with me.  I refuse to do it your way.  I choose to do it God's way and if it means that I am on this mission alone, then so be it. 

April 15th at 4:00 PM.  Fear, anger, hurt, deceit, manipulation, an unhealthy past, lust, pride, self seeking....it all will be sinking to the bottom of the baptismal never to surface again.  But the only way to make that possible:

"In returning and rest you shall be saved;  In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."  Isaiah 30:15

No comments: