Tuesday, April 17, 2012

17 Point Spiritual Checklist.

You always see the commercials for those oil and lube places that offer a 17 point maintenance check to make sure your car is running at its optimal best.  As I was painting my apartment today, I started to think about this concept and also thought about how we can apply the same principal to our spiritual lives.  So here is what I came up with:

1.  I am lonely.

     "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

2.  I feel like I don't fit in.

     "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him.  For the Lord does not see as man see;  for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."  1 Samuel 16:7

3.  I don't know what the next step is in life.

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;  In all your ways acknowledge  Him, And He shall direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

4.  I feel unloved/I don't look like everyone else.

     "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."  Psalm 139:14

5.  Fear paralyzes me too much to move forward.

     "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  1 Timothy 1:7

6.  My feelings were hurt and I can't seem to let go of the issue.

     "Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with  all malice.  And be kind to one anotther, even as God in Christ forgave you."  Ephesians 4:31 -32

7.  Now that I am sober, how do I fill my time?

     "Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."  1 Timothy 4:14-16

8.  I don't know how to stick up for myself.

     "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a areason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;  having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile you your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.  For it is better, if it is the will of God to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."  1 Peter 3:15-17

9.  I made a mistake and don't know how to fix it.

     "A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance." Proverbs 28: 13

My personal checklist could go on and on but you can see for every concern I have, there is something to be said about in the Bible.  I encourage you to make a checklist for the concerns you have in your life and find a verse that pertains to that concern.  Keep your Spiritual Checklist with you just in case those concerns pop up in your again.  God is paying attention and knows we can be troubled in this life.  That's why He provided the Bible so that it may be our God to get through this temporary life and attain eternal life with our Lord.


No comments: