Friday, March 23, 2012

Friends

All week I was feeling a little bummed.  Mostly feeling lonely.  Everyone around me seems to be finding their loves, mates....whatever you want to call them and I feel like I am left in the dust.  But then I go to Celebrate Recovery tonight and even I found it  amazing how my mood changed once I got there.  You see people you haven't seen all week, you get that uplifting word you need to hear, and a good message you can't help but to apply to your life.  Plus you see people you invited and hoped would be there and they are!  It's a wonderful thing.  So it got me thinking....don't worry....I am not going too deep on this one.
I have said many a time over how grateful I am to have the friends I do.  And the following reasons are why:

I have friends that I can tell my deepest darkest secrets.
I have friends that I can get into deep conversations with.
Friends that will pray for my dog when he's hurt.
Friends that I know I can get that encouraging word from.
I have friends that guide me in the right direction.
Ones that water me so that I can grow.
Some encourage me to go after my dreams.
Others help me to think things through.
There a few that listen when I need to vent.
And others who see the best in me.
Some are meant to talk about the weather with.
While others are meant to talk with about the universe.
Others make me laugh.
While I like to make them laugh too.
I love getting and giving hugs.
But sorry no kissing...LOL!!!
There are those that cry with me when I am sad.
And there are others that laugh with me when I split my pants at work.
Some don't care if I repeat myself (like in this post).
Others just plain tell me when I am being silly but do it with love.
There are those that carry me when I think I can't take another step.
And those that pray with me so that I can keep going.
New friends are always welcome.
Old friends are always cherished.
And of course I have friends of the furry kind.

I am so blessed to have so many types of friends.  A unique blend of people (and animals) that have come into my life to help make me the person I am today.

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."  Proverbs 27:17

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love Celebrate Recovery too! God has used it in my life and have met some of my dearest friends there! =)