Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Condemning Matter

I had been sitting here trying to think of what to write.  Writer's block.  The writer's enemy.  Their kryptonite.  But one thing that kept popping up in my head was:  condemnation.  Well Theresa...what is going on in your life that THAT popped up?

It's so funny because I am sitting here trying to figure out how to go about writing this post without going against anonymity.  In a way, I have to tell the story to make the point I want to make but then I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone.  I guess I can say that someone had made me to feel condemned even though I had apologized a couple of weeks ago. I was mad because I felt the situation was taken care of and they felt the need to keep bringing it up.  I was more angry with myself though because I allowed this person to make me feel this way.  I found myself apologizing again and more fervently and I shouldn't of had to.  After all...I have to appease everyone.  It's a sickness that I realized after the fact that is going too far now.

People are not perfect.  Whether big or small, everyone makes mistakes.  It happens but what's even better is if we humble ourselves enough to owe up to it and make it right with the other person and with God, then we are good to go and to move on.

"Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way.  First  be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."  Matthew 5:23-24

Says nothing about keeping it going though.  What to do when you feel the situation is done but the other person doesn't?  I can honestly say I have no clue. 

I am becoming a leader in a couple of groups.  I am going to have to learn how to deal with such matters and how to not take it too personally.  I am truly at a loss over this and decided this requires advice not just from my closest friends but the big guy himself.  Well, yes God, but I also mean the Pastor.  I figure he probably deals with this sort of thing quite often so it seems fitting to get advice from him.  I won't get my answers until next week.  So until then...please pray I find what I am looking for.

No comments: