Friday, March 9, 2012

Ah....Love

One of my favorite new shows is Once Upon A Time.  It has everything I like.  The Disneyesque quality with a twist.  Just the way I like my stories.  Anyways, this past week's episode was about love.  Grumpy, from the seven dwarfs, was in love with a fairy but was convinced it couldn't be.  It was really quite sad.  But it got me thinking...a dangerous past time for me, I know.  I started to think about being in love and having that desire to want that special someone in your life. 

As I mentioned before, I go to CareNet every other Tuesday for my counseling sessions.  I am sadly, at the age of 34, learning about the meaning of sex.  It's been a real eye opener for me and I am so grateful to be learning about love and the importance of saving myself (or at least what I have left) for my future husband.  Frankly, I deserve such happiness and so does he. 

My friend always says that God is growing my future husband.  Getting him ready for me, and believe me, God is going to have to provide the poor fella with a lot of patience and strong bones because I am clumsy and there is a 99.9% chance something could get broken, bruised, or battered.  Poor guy.  Anyways, I of course have my list for God on the man of my dreams:

1.  Animal lover. 
2.  Vegetarian is not necessary but wouldn't hurt.  Yeah I know....that one is a stretch.
3.  A Christian of course.
4.  I want someone I can talk deeply with about the Bible.  It's fun and we can learn so much together about God  by getting deep in the word together.
5.  Open to sleeping with my dogs.
6.  Open to having a wife full of tattoos.
7.  I like boxing, car races, hockey, roller coasters and the symphony.  How that works together...I don't know.
8.  He cooks...I clean.  That's the only way we are not going to die of starvation.
9.  He has to have a passion for something and doing whatever it is he's doing for God. 
10.  He has to love to laugh.  A lot.
11.  A protector, provider, and an encourager.
12.  Star Wars fan.  That's right.  I said it.
Not asking for a lot here....lol.  God is good to give us the desires of our hearts and I trust He will provide me with the best husband a woman could ask for.  But how will I know who he is?  Good question Theresa.  I have a theory about this thing called love and I think I figured out how it works.

Our hearts are not exactly whole.  We have an empty spot that remains until that one for us comes.  We have a section for our family and friends, the things that bring us joy and a section for God but He purposely leaves an empty section for the one who will come into our lives.  That's why our hearts ache as single people.  It's looking for the other heart to make it whole.  But the heart is usually wise to know it shouldn't let just any heart into it's empty slot.  If it lets the wrong one in then major damage can be done and time is wasted as it goes under reconstruction.  But when the right one does come, something happens to the heart.  It recognizes it's match and both are overjoyed to have found one another.  They both reach out to eachother and grab on and fuse together.  Then our hearts are whole.  We have a section for our family and friends, the things that bring us joy, a part for God, and a section for our true love.

No comments: