Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dying Love

It's time for you to give my heart back. You have had it long enough
and it now needs to go to the person
that God has appointed it to.
You have misused it;
even when we haven't been speaking.
What right did you have to do so?

The memory of you needs to fade
into the background now.

I loved you at one time
and I thought I would love you forever.
I thought you loved me too
but I wasn't enough for you.

We could've been so good together.
But you were afraid.
I was too.
If only we kept the gift from God...
Would it have been different?
Or were we doomed regardless.

Do I miss you?
Sometimes.
But missing you doesn't
make you good for me.
I have allowed you to have
my heart long enough.
You don't deserve it.
You never did.
And yet you had been on my mind often.
Even though we were together a short time,
I now need to let you go for good.

I don't care how many times you thought
you made a mistake going.
And I don't care how many times you desire to
see or talk to me.
The last time was it.
I meant what I said
and I won't change my mind.

If you only knew how you crushed me.
If you only knew how hard hearted you made me.
Did you ever think once what you were doing to me?
Is your conscience bothering you?
But it was because of you
that I can now forgive.
And if it wasn't for you,
my life would've withered away.

You started this adventure for the both of us
but you refused to continue the journey.
And I was forced to go it alone.
Why couldn't you have been strong enough?
Why couldn't you be my side?
I just wasn't enough for you.
You were afraid.
And I was too.
But not anymore.

I thought you were the one.
I was wrong.
You were a divine intervention
and for that I will be grateful to you.
Something that once could've been
but never will or can be.
I will always wish you the best. 
And will pray you get back on the journey.
Other than that...
you are just a mere memory.

You had your chance but you couldn't
care for my heart.
Not the way a man should care for it.
I'm taking it back.
My heart belongs to me.
Not you.
I'm giving it to God.
And I'm letting Him keep it
until He finds the one worthy
enough to have it. 
One who respects it.
One who will care for it as if it was his own.


No comments: