Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Daily Decision

Today I made a decision.
A very important decision.
The kind of decision that I have to make
every morning when I wake up.

I made a decision to be happy. 
Every single day.

If I ever feel discouraged, lonely, hopeless, unfit,
unloved, or any of the variety of feelings
a person can feel,
I promise to reach out for counsel.

I will give encouragement to those who need it
with the belief that I will receive the same in return.

I will be and do the best I can in everything I do
and if I feel that my best can not be given,
then I will ask God to place me where I can
give my best. 

I will not be an underachiever anymore. 
Nor will I be an overachiever.
I will just achieve the plan that God has laid out for me.

I will make time for myself to make sure my mind, body, and soul
are healthy. 

Popularity is not important.
It's the quality of the friendship.
Those who take the time to really get to know me,
will always be cherished
and have my undivided attention.
Those who don't want my friendship,
will get polite hellos.

The only one that is allowed to change me is God.
It's no one else's responsibility to do so.

When I think I'm not as good as some people,
I will always remember God made me.
And because of that is why I made my decision.
To be happy every single day.

No comments: