Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Silent Conversation

After my little meltdown yesterday, things improved right away.  The past couple of days have been very renewing. 

Last night I gave my testimony to the women at Bradenton Transitions Center.  It was so awesome to see these ladies who had so much hope in their eyes.  It was beautiful and very enlightening.  There was so much passion even though they were confined to this facility.  I felt somewhat ashamed for having the kind of emotions that I was having.  Behind bars, they are feeling much more free than I was yesterday so I walked away with a very hardy lesson. 

Tonight I had the opportunity to sit down with a lovely woman and new friend who is a freelance writer.  She gave me tips, websites, and a lot of encouragement to pursue my dream career.  She put a lot of fears and concerns to rest and her advice was so valuable that I don't think I would ever forget it. She gave me a great foundation and I left her home feeling like I could do anything! 

After my meeting, I went grocery shopping.  Now in general, I have become some crazy woman who talks out loud to God where ever I go, but tonight I kept it silent.  I was careful not to be so involved in my thoughts though, otherwise there would've been nothing but oreos, frozen meals and who knows what other products may have landed in the cart. 

My silent conversation with God consisted of these matters:

1.  Keep it fun.  If I stop having fun than I will not want to do God's work.

"So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot.  For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?"  Ecclesiastes 3:22

2.  Work hard.

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  
1 Corinthians 15:58

3. But not so hard that I don't take time for myself.

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and in trust is your strength."  Isaiah 30:15

4.  Be wise and take advice from others who are experienced.

"Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."
Proverbs 11:14

5.  Just be myself.

"....For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearnce, but the Lord looks at the heart."  1 Samuel 16:7 (Remember this verse when looking at someone who is tattooed up and down.)

This is for all of us who have a dream we want to pursue.  This is just the beginning but I am sure more lessons will come along and as we go along in this journey. 


1 comment:

Kelly Stilwell said...

Love this. You are so talented!