Friday, February 24, 2012

Staying Airborne

 “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

My father always wanted to be a pilot but was unable to due to his epilepsy, so he did the next best thing; he flew remote controlled airplanes.  He would build them and, along with a group of fellow flyers, would go to an open field to fly them.  My sister is a little bit older then me and was allowed to fly them, but I was not.  My part comes in a little later.  Sometimes, for whatever reason, the planes would crash.  My father would retrieve the plane and take them back to the garage in hopes to fix it so that he can fly the plane again.  This is where I come in.  I was allowed to assist in fixing the plane.  Once it was in working condition, our little family would be back at the field to give it a test run.  Most of the time it would stay airborne. 

Often times we are like that plane.  Flying around, feeling free until something goes haywire in our engine only to crash somewhere in the bushes.  Not necessarily burn, but certainly crash.  So God retrieves us, takes us back to the garage, fixes us up, and then back to the field where he sets us free again.  But His hands are on the controller to make sure we stay up in the air.  If we crash again...it's back to the garage to fix us up.  Once He works out all the kinks, He puts us back in the air.  Every now and then we are maintenanced.  A little tune up to make sure our parts are good so that we may continue to soar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is easy, leaving a comment I mean :) Great job Theresa!