Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tiny As A Mustard Seed....Mighty As A Mountain

I am doing a little Bible study in a book called Birds in My Mustard Tree.  It's about having faith like a mustard seed and last night's lesson was about doing big things with very little.  It brought up the parable of feeding the 5000 (which was ironic because my friend reminded me of this story last night no more than an hour or so before I studied this) and there was this part that really touched me.

"I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat.  And if I send them away hungry to their own houses, they will faint on the way;  for some of them have come from afar."  Mark 8:2-3

I laid there flat on my back on my bed, one dog with his head on my leg and the other sprawled on my Bible.  I pondered this verse for a little while and thought, "How fitting."

We all have a journey.  Some of us have come a long way and then are saved because Jesus takes compassion on us. But He certainly will not allow us to continue on the journey hungry for if we do no have enough to hold us over, we can falter, grow tired, angry, and finally just lie down somewhere to give up.  So God gives us what we need to make it to our first stop and then some more to get us to the next stop and He continues to give as we go along so we do not give up the journey even when we are tired. 

"So they ate and they were filled....."  Mark 8:8

You may get hungry again but God will always be there to fill you up again.  All we have to do is accept His gift and thank Him for His help to keep us going.

No comments: