Sunday, September 9, 2012

Black Out Praise

Today a friend and I went to the opening of a new church in Sarasota. As we were worshipping, the electricity decided to go out and the band did their best to keep the worship going.  It was amazing how everyone in the crowd helped them along and kept singing despite the fact we were in the dark for a few moments.

I always had a hard time understanding the concept of praising God even in the darkest moments and today it finally sunk in.  We were literally praising God in the dark today and I now see I need to be praising Him in the dark moments of my life.  The electricity was only out for but a brief moment and we were able to continue singing and worshipping like nothing had happened.  Life works the same way....one moment you are moving along fine and then something happens that leaves you in the dark for a little bit.  Fortunately, the lights aren't out forever and God works to turn our electricity back on so that we may continue on.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage;  do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

.....even in the dark. 

No comments: