Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To Forget You So Easily Is Impossible.

How do you do it?
How do you attempt to walk back into my life
Unknown to the pain you caused.

You say you are sorry.
You apologized for not being the man you were supposed to be.
I heard it all before
And the meaning is very little.

I asked for my heart back
And you gave it to me
But you must've stolen a little piece
Because I do not feel whole.

You asked how could I forget you so easily
When the truth is
There isn't a day that hasn't gone by where you weren't put in my thoughts
Even if it be for just a second.

I wish I could forget you so easily.
Just erase it all.
The good.
The bad.
Why couldn't it have been a bad dream?

My heart grows weary of you.
You opened that wound
And it stings more than ever.

Why?
How come?
What is it that you want?

I cry out to God
To take the pain of you away.
And yet you are still lingering here;
Taunting me with your words.

I cry out to God,
"Do I not belong to another?
Have you made no other for me?
Why does he lay in my mind?"

Don't make me blame you
For the fears that I have.
Because of you
I trust no other.
Because of you
I refuse to be loved.
Because of you
I see your kind as dangerous.

I have forgiven you
And I have released you
And I have released myself from the anger.
But you keep coming back
Right when you are about to fade.

To forget you so easily,
It is impossible.
For there is something that will keep us tied forever.

You have stolen a piece of my heart
And I am not whole.
Give me back what you have taken.
It's not yours.
Give it completely back.
Because it's suppose to belong to another.
God can't give him to me
Because I am not whole.
It's not fair
And it's not right.

Just let me go.
Allow me to trust.
Allow me to have someone come near me.
It will only be a fairy tale for me
Until I am whole.

No comments: