Monday, November 19, 2012

Dear God.....

I am a no nonsense girl.
Make it happen
Or don't make it at all.
Either way, let me know
So that I can just pick up
And keep going.

Forgive me for being so rude.
Forgive me for being so blunt.
I am not angry with You.
Just a little tired of waiting

Your memory never fails....
That night.
You know....
That night? 
When I cried out to You.
Begging You to fix it
Or leave me to continue
In my misery?

Now we find ourselves back
On that faithful night. 
The words
Revolve around once more
Just with a different meaning.

What a challenge I have been.
Fighting You,
Loving You,
Longing for You,
Just to turn away again.

And yet here I am.
Back to that faithful night.
The night when it all changed forever.
Just a few words
That took the last bit of energy
I had left.

I fell to the ground lifeless,
You picked me up.
You lifted my head.
And looked into my eyes
And You made the promise....

"I will never let you go."

And You kept it.
Because I am still here.
I am still here.
I have tested You
And You kept it.
Thank You for keeping Your promise.

So here we are once again.
I've been wandering for awhile
And I have grown a little tired.
Just a little weak. 

Maybe I am missing it.
Perhaps I refuse to listen.
Or maybe I am ashamed
To admit I'm scared.

Pick me up again
Oh Lord.
Take me into Your arms
And carry me to where we need to go.

I may not recognize the surroundings
But I trust You will bring me to
That resting place.

Always With Love,
Your Daughter.

 




No comments: