Friday, June 15, 2012

Curb Appeal

A few weeks ago as I was driving home from church, I saw this turtle on the side of the road walking along the curb trying to find a way to get back to the water.  Of course, he needed a hero, so I made a u-turn and looked where I could park safely and get him back to the pond but by the time I made my way around, he was gone.  I had seen a man on a bicycle so I assumed he saved the day and got the turtle back to where he needed to be.  I went on my way and didn't think too much more about it until today.

I went to Celebrate Recovery, as I do every Friday evening, but decided to go home after the meeting because I was feeling a little tired.  As I was driving, I passed by where I originally saw the turtle and started to think about him and what he must of felt while on the side of the road.  Lost and confused....all he wanted was to get to a safe place but wasn't even sure he was going to make it.

So there I was, sympathizing with this turtle. How often have I felt that way?  Well I can say I feel that way right now.  Here I am, traveling on the side of the road unable to find the strength to get up over that curb and to where I need to be.  I feel alone and scared.  I question how I even got here in the first place.  Staying as close as I can to the curb so that I don't get harmed by all the hustle and bustle that is going alongside of me, I am wondering if someone will come along to pick me up and at least place me up over that curb so that I can continue onto my destination. 

But then I remember, that is why I go to places like Celebrate Recovery.  That's why I tell my deepest secrets to my closest friends.  That is why I join small groups through my church (Bayside) and that is why I write these things...to find the answers to my questions and hopefully answer yours as well.  All these things combined is a supernatural strength breathed by God to push me up over that curb so that I may be on my way. 

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I m your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

No comments: